- Tell us about yourself
- What City/ Ward do you want to run in?
- How long have you lived in the City?
- Why do you want to run for council?
Do you live in the Ward you want to run in?
- If yes, for how long?
- If no, then, why do you want to run there?
- What volunteering work have you done in the community?
- Why do you think ward residents, where you want to run, should vote for you?
- What do you see are the biggest issues that face your City today?
- What are particular issues you think are affecting your Ward residents which you want to champion?
- What practical experience do you have that you think will help you do a good job as a city councillor?
- Please provide one or more examples from your past work history to explain how diligent you plan to be in analyzing an expenditure or a motion presented to you before you vote on it.
- Do you believe that Canada is a systematically racist country?
- What do you think about the Defund-the-Police movement?
- What do you think about Critical Race Theory?
- Do you respect people's rights to protest peacefully?
- What are your views about the Truckers' Convoy for Freedom?
Assuming you have won, what would you do in the following cases
- If asked by a resident group to support, discuss in Council meetings, or bring forward a motion to address an issue that is outside your jurisdiction (i.e. an international world event like Ukraine, a politician like Donald Trump, or an issue related to another province like Bill 21 in Quebec…etc), what would you do, especially if one or more other cities had done it?
- If asked by a resident group for a special exemption that is not afforded to other residents, and may be in violation of existing bylaws, what would you do?
- If asked to remove statues or change street names under the premise of undoing past injustices, what would you do?
- How will you vote on a motion calling for phasing out gas fired power plants by 2030 to protect the environment?
- In case of a health emergency, will you delegate your responsibilities to the medical authorities of the City or Region, such that it’s not your accountability but theirs, or will you still take full accountability for the decisions being made?
- In case a provincial mandate was given to you that was going to violate the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, would you follow it?
- Will you respect the bodily autonomy, freedom of health choices and religious beliefs of your constituents?
- Do you think our society is divided? Do you think this division could have been avoided or could be rectified? Please explain?